[llvm-dev] [SelectionDAGBuilder] AAInfo and lowering a target memory intrinsic

Sumanth Gundapaneni via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 29 13:42:47 PDT 2018

Hi,

    I noticed while lowering a call of a target memory intrinsic to an
INTRINSIC node, we ignore the AAInfo (metadata).

Please refer to the function SelectionDAGBuilder::visitTargetIntrinsic().
While constructing the DAG Node, the IntrinsicInfo object does not hold any
alias information metadata and so we ignore the information. Is there any
specific reason why we do this ?

I have a SelectionDAG in software pipeliner and I am looking to use this
AAInfo to determine loop carried dependences.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated ?

--Sumanth