[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Identifying objects within BumpPtrAllocator.

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 29 11:54:30 PDT 2018

Mostly what Richard said.

One thing I'd be a bit careful of - these numbers may still not be stable
in some small number of cases (eg: if objects are created based on
iteration order of a pointer-based hashing container - which may still be
valid if that ordering doesn't leak into the output of the program). So
this might provide a slightly false sense of security & make those minority
cases more painful - but perhaps they're rare enough that it's worth the
tradeoff.

(& as Richard said - debuggers will tend to disable ASLR anyway, making it
relatively easy to work with)