[llvm-dev] [GSoC] Command line replacements for GNU Binutils

Eric Christopher via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 24 17:52:54 PDT 2018

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 8:42 AM Alex Bradbury <asb at asbradbury.org> wrote:

> On 14 August 2018 at 18:57, Paul Semel via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> > Hi all !
> >
> > During this GSoC, I've worked on improving the llvm binutils suite. I've
> > wrote a final [1]report for those of you who would be interested.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Paul Semel
> >
> > [1]
> http://paulsemel.org/posts/command-line-replacements-in-llvm-binutils/
>
> Thanks for sharing the write-up, looks like you made great progress on
> this.

He did :)

> Are there any tracking issues for missing llvm-objdump functionality
> or options? It's a fairly trivial one but I note llvm-objdump doesn't
> accept -march yet for instance.

There isn't one, but if you wanted to start one and cc me/Jordan that would
be awesome. And probably Paul as well if he wants to continue working.

> Do you know of any efforts to make llvm-mc compatible with GNU as, or
> to make an alternative driver that is?

There isn't one that I know of, but we could start one. For me that's been
much lower priority since I don't think anyone should call the assembler
directly and just use the compiler. :)

Thanks!

-eric