[llvm-dev] Condition code in DAGCombiner::visitFADDForFMACombine?

Ryan Taylor via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 23 10:51:47 PDT 2018

Maybe there is a cleaner solution but it seems like adding a 'nocontract'
flag is close to the intention of spir-v and is an easy check in the
DAGCombiner without breaking anything else and its intentions are very
clear.

Right now the DAGCombiner logic doesn't seem to be able to handle the case
of having fast math globally with instruction level flags to turn off fast
math. Right now, either fast math is global and it's assumed everything can
be contracted or fast math is not global and we contract if the contract
flag is present on the current instruction. I could be missing something.

-Ryan