[llvm-dev] Condition code in DAGCombiner::visitFADDForFMACombine?

Nicolai Hähnle via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 23 07:47:10 PDT 2018

On 22.08.2018 23:53, Ryan Taylor wrote:
> Just a quick change of isContractableFMUL to isContractable gives about
> 49 unexpected failures.

That may not be the right change to be looking at. Consider:

>      LLVM :: CodeGen/X86/fma_patterns.ll

This file doesn't use any `contract` or `reassoc` flags on IR instructions.

I don't know what's changed there, but the point is that the test does
not depend on the exact semantics of `contract` and `reassoc`.

Cheers,
Nicolai

--
Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
Aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.