[llvm-dev] different output with fast-math flag

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 21 11:04:20 PDT 2018

Hi,

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 09:50, sangeeta chowdhary via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I feel that its because d/max is really small number and fast-math does not care about small numbers and consider them to zero but this is so incorrect.

Which version of Clang are you using? I see 1.0 in all cases I've
tested, which is not terribly surprising. There isn't really much for
fast-math to latch onto in the example, all the compiler might do is
evaluate the constant result, and there's no reason to do it
imprecisely.

Cheers.

Tim.