[llvm-dev] optimization remarks

Jonas Paulsson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 14 06:57:37 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am trying to compare the loop vectorizers effectiveness for different
targets relative to each other. That way, I am hoping to find loops that
are not vectorized - but could be - on my target by finding other
targets doing this successfully. With some luck, there might be
something in the Target files that could be fixed with improved
vectorization as a result...

I would like to do this with the optimization remarks enabled:
-Rpass=loop-vectorize, etc. Since cross-compiling benchmarks seems
tricky to me at the moment, my idea was to first run the front end, and
then run the optimizers for different targets. However, when I pass
-save-temps to clang there are no remarks emitted at all any more... So
in effect I can only get the remarks for the target I am on :-/

I wonder if there is a reason for this, or if it's something that could
be fixed?

/Jonas