[llvm-dev] GCC 5 and -Wstrict-aliasing in JSON.h

Jonathan Wakely via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 9 02:16:52 PDT 2018

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 03:09, Leslie Zhai wrote:
> Could you test to compile LLVM with GCC old versions 4/5/6? Does it need
> to backport your patch to GCC old version?

GCC versions before 6.4 are not supported, so no backports will happen
to 4.x or 5 releases and I doubt anybody's going to routinely test
anything with them. If there's a bug in GCC 4.9.3 that you can't work
around then you should upgrade to a supported release (or use a
distribution that provides support for older releases).