[llvm-dev] [NewPM] Simple Tutorial and "Starter Kit"

Bekket McClane via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Aug 12 14:25:21 PDT 2018

Hi LLVM folks,

I would like to share my simple tutorial of writing a “Hello World" Pass, new PM edition.
Here is the link:
https://medium.com/@mshockwave/writing-llvm-pass-in-2018-part-i-531c700e85eb <https://medium.com/@mshockwave/writing-llvm-pass-in-2018-part-i-531c700e85eb>

For those who wants to skip the text and get their hand dirty right away, use the update version of my generator-llvm:
https://github.com/mshockwave/generator-llvm <https://github.com/mshockwave/generator-llvm>
generator-llvm is a yeoman generator that can generate simple project template for LLVM Pass or executables that uses LLVM libraries.

Now it get support to generate new PM passes, just switch to your destination folder and run the command:
```
yo llvm:pass init --new-pm
```
Setup some configurations, and you’re good to go.

Feel free to provide any feedback

Best,
Bekket McClane