[llvm-dev] Error Calling eraseFromParent()

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 7 08:41:14 PDT 2018

LLVMSymbolizer is invoked while trying to pretty-print a crash backtrace.  "error reading file" suggests that you are on Windows and it cannot find the .pdb file with symbol information.
If that's the case, are you doing either a Debug or RelWithDebInfo build?  If you are, I don't know what else to suggest.

Note that LLVMSymbolizer is trying to make the traceback more understandable; it has nothing to do with the cause of your problem.  If you are triggering an assertion, the assertion message should tell you where that is.  (You did run cmake with –DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=ON, right?)  If not, likely you are dereferencing a null pointer somewhere.  Personally I debug with 'printf' statements, but that's just me.
--paulr