[llvm-dev] Conditional analysis before inliner

Anom LLVM via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 19 13:57:25 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have pass phase ordering question.

I am interested in performing a transformation that matches several LLVM IR
instructions and converts them to a single builtin. This sort of
transformation must occur prior to inlining because inlining needs to
analyze cost of the builtin. However, the LLVM IR -> builtin transformation
requires scalar evolution which typically doesn't run until after the
inliner.

My question is, is there a way to run scalar evolution conditionally prior
to inlining? I'd like to leave compile time unaffected if my code doesn't
contain any of these builtins.

Thanks,

Stan