[llvm-dev] Possibilities with LLVM

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 9 01:43:36 PDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I have some questions about the possibilities with the LLVM but I'm not
sure where to gather the information.

1.) Can I teach the LLVM new platform depended intrinsics?
Like I provide assembly code and want to create a custom intrinsic for it.

2.) Does the IR language have some kind of template support?
I'm not sure if this even possible - but I thought about having a template
function and when jitting the IR it could instantiate that template with
the now known data - okay writing this already sounds weird and I'm not
sure if I could explain what I wanted.

3.) Can I implement my own custom calling convention? Like my own
"__planschiCall" or something?

When these things are possible - are there any documentation or tutorials
for this? And how does Clang learn about all these custom things?

Kind regards
Björn

Als GmbH eingetragen im Handelsregister Bad Homburg v.d.H. HRB 9816,
USt.ID-Nr. DE 114 165 789
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Hiroshi Nakamura, Dr. Robert Plank, Markus Bode,
Heiko Lampert, Hiroshi Kawamura, Takashi Nagano, Takeshi Fukushima.