[llvm-dev] [RFC] Adding a cls intrinsic for AArch64

Davide Italiano via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 28 13:35:39 PDT 2017

I'm not entirely sure whether this is worth an RFC, but, just in case.
On bugzilla Eli pointed out we currently match a specific sequence of
instructions to cls (
https://reviews.llvm.org/rL206079), and given how fragile this is, it
could be better to just introduce an intrinsic for it (and presumably,
teach peephole optimizations to lower a sequence to that intrinsic).
I wonder what folks are OK with the new intrinsic.
If there are no strong objections, I'll proceed with a patch.

Thanks,

--
Davide

"There are no solved problems; there are only problems that are more
or less solved" -- Henri Poincare