[llvm-dev] Errors linking with LLVM 5.0 - dump() missing

Daniel Berlin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 25 15:05:59 PDT 2017

None of these were removed.
lib/IR/AsmWriter.cpp:void Module::dump() const {
lib/IR/AsmWriter.cpp:void Value::dump() const { print(dbgs(),
/*IsForDebug=*/true); dbgs() << '\n'; }
lib/IR/AsmWriter.cpp:void Type::dump() const { print(dbgs(),
/*IsForDebug=*/true); dbgs() << '\n'; }

>It also seems strange that dump() implementation was removed - surely
>it would have been better ti stub it so that client code does not
>break?

LLVM explicitly does not guarantee API compatibility.