[llvm-dev] Assertion in 'DwarfDebug.cpp'

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 25 10:44:09 PDT 2017

Here are a couple things I would try to help triangulate on the problem.

Try a vanilla upstream compiler for an in-tree target. (IIRC you have your own target.)  If that fails, it's pretty optimal for you because you should be able to reduce a test case and file a PR.  If it doesn't fail, that suggests it's either something your target does or doesn't do, or some bug in how you've done your adaptation to LLVM 5.0.

You can also try compiling with -S and assembling the result; I have seen that behave differently from direct object generation sometimes.  If that's the case here, it should be not terribly hard to work out how the paths are different.

Good luck,
--paulr