[llvm-dev] llvm-link: Missing Dwarf DIE references

Jack Carter via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 21 15:56:51 PDT 2017

All the input files are bitcode. Due to our arcane build methodology the
bitcode files end up with ".o'. Yes, this drives me nuts.

I renamed them to ".bc" for the posting, but obviously missed one.

My guess is that the debug information in the bitcode is sometimes not
updated correctly when some of the modules are combined and coalesced. Some
redundancy is detected and eliminated, but the debug info is left with
dangling references. It is just a guess at this point and probably wrong,
but that is what I will look for as I debug this.

Jack