[llvm-dev] RFC: [X86] Can we begin removing AutoUpgrade support for x86 instrinsics added in early 3.X versions

Simon Pilgrim via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 21 00:23:31 PDT 2017

I agree with Paul that we need to formalise the compatibility policy before we start removing support for old intrinsics. Do we want a deprecation warning of some kind for the use of any intrinsic used in auto-upgrade, would that actually be useful or just a nuisance?

In the meantime I’m happy to help fix any missing test coverage.