[llvm-dev] [GlobalISel][RFC] Thoughts on MachineModulePass

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 14 09:42:03 PDT 2017

You can insert module passes into the machine pipeline as of r279602 (and some followups I don't remember right now fixing some bugs).

You basically write a ModulePass, query the MachineModuleInfo analysis and can then get the machine function for every IR function by calling MMI.getOrCreateMachineFunction(). The MachineOutliner is using this if you want to see an examples.

- Matthias