[llvm-dev] sanitizer test case failures after OS update

Peter Bergner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 13 08:31:09 PDT 2017

On 9/12/17 8:15 PM, Bill Seurer via llvm-dev wrote:
> I updated one of my powerpc64le llvm test systems to Fedora 25 and I
> started getting a whole bunch of sanitizer test case failures.  I tried
> testing some earlier revisions on the new OS that had worked fine under
> the old but they generate the same errors now so it isn't any changes in
> llvm.
>
> There are two different errors:
>
> FATAL: ThreadSanitizer: unsupported VMA range
> FATAL: Found 47 - Supported 44 and 46

This looks to be due to the new kernel using 47 bits for addressing
and the ppc specific ASAN code is only setup to handle 44 or 46.
Talking with Steve Munroe, he says there is some work (already done?)
to handle 48 and 49 bits as well.  We'll need a change ASAN to
handle those extra bits.  It would be nice if we could just detect
what the value is and use that, rather than having fixed specific
values we know about and handle.

Peter