[llvm-dev] Status of debuginfo-tests

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 7 13:15:54 PDT 2017

I was thinking of something along the lines of:

// SCRIPT-POSIX: posix/aggregate-indirect-arg.s
// SCRIPT-WIN: win/aggregate-indirect-arg.s

class SVal {
public:
  ~SVal() {}
  const void* Data;
  unsigned Kind;
};

void bar(SVal &v) {}
class A {
public:
  void foo(SVal v) { bar(v); }
};

int main() {
  SVal v;
  v.Data = 0;
  v.Kind = 2142;
  A a;
  a.foo(v);
  return 0;
}

Then, you could have:

// posix/aggregate-indirect-arg.s

// RUN: %clangxx %target_itanium_abi_host_triple -O0 -g %i   -c -o %t.o
// RUN: %clangxx %target_itanium_abi_host_triple %t.o -o %t.out
// RUN: %test_debuginfo %s  %t.out
// Radar 8945514
// DEBUGGER: break 22
// DEBUGGER: r
// DEBUGGER: p v
// CHECK: ${{[0-9]+}} =
// CHECK:  Data ={{.*}} 0x0{{(0*)}}
// CHECK:  Kind = 2142

// win/aggregate-indirect-arg.s

// RUN: %clangcl /Z7 %i /c /Fo%t.obj
// RUN: %lld-link /DEBUG %t.obj /out:%t.lld.exe
// RUN: %run_windbg %t.lld.exe %s
// RUN: %ms-link /DEBUG:FASTLINK %t.obj /out:%t.fastlink.exe
// RUN: %run_windbg %t.fastlink.exe %s
// DEBUGGER: bp 22
// DEBUGGER: g
// DEBUGGER: dt v
// CHECK: Local var {{.*}} Type SVal
// CHECK:  +0x000 Data : (null)
// CHECK: +0x004 Kind : 0x85e

Eventually, some tests will inevitably need to Windows or Posix specific,
so you're going to have to have all this extra stuff (the new
substitutions, the different command lines, the custom output formats,
etc.  So I think something like this provides maximal encouragement of
sharing whenever possible (since you can almost always share source code),
while still allowing each format to test real input and real output.

In rare cases where command lines, input, and output formats match up, just
replace the SCRIPT-POSIX and SCRIPT-WIN directives with the actual run and
check lines.