[llvm-dev] '-fsave-optimization-record' and VS2015 built compiler

ORiordan, Martin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 7 07:51:16 PDT 2017

Thanks Hal,

Though the option is handled in the driver, I was not sure if this was an LLVM implemented feature or a CLang implemented feature, and I know the list does not like cross-posting a message ;-)

And thanks too Brian:

From: Brian Cain [mailto:brian.cain at gmail.com]

That's pretty odd.  Can you rule out for sure that the files aren't being written somewhere unexpected or that the other clang was built against different sources?

Yes you’re right, it appears to be in ‘c:\tmp\foo-XXXXXX.opt.yaml’, though on Linux it is located in ‘./foo.opt.yaml’.  The sources for my Linux and VS2015 builds are identical.

So it would appear that the temporary files is being created but not finalised – probably a CLang driver issue.  I’ll dig deeper and see where this is going wrong and I’ll re-post this to CFE-Dev.

Thanks again to both of you,

            MartinO