[llvm-dev] TableGen : Difference between CodeEmitter and InstrInfo

Sahil Chitnis via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 6 23:00:33 PDT 2017

Hello All,

I have created a file Instr.td which describes instructions for a new
assembly language.I would like to create a new  TableGen Backend by using
either of the two mentioned above backends so that i am able to retrieve
(print ,at least ) some info about the instructions such as Modifier
list,Constraints etc . I am confused between the above 2 backend's and find
them very similar.

1)Can please know the difference between the two , as they seem very similar
2)Which one will be the better backend to use to solve my above described
problem?

-Thanks