[llvm-dev] fortran compiler merge?

Joerg Sonnenberger via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 5 09:41:19 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 11:30:22AM -0500, Hal Finkel via llvm-dev wrote:
> We'll need to have a community discussion about how to approach this issue.
> That hasn't happened yet.

I've checked an older clang driver diff. There are low-hanging fruits
that could be committed immediately like the addition of option help
texts. There are parts that clearly need to be redone like the include
path handling which seems to duplicate existing multilib logic in the
Linux driver. My biggest problem is that the interface between the
clang driver and the actual flang binaries, which seems to be heavily
based on magic numbers. That's not something I find acceptable from the
LLVM perspective.

Joerg