[llvm-dev] LLVM PDB Support

Matt P. Dziubinski via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 30 13:43:55 PDT 2017

Hi Meena,

On 10/30/2017 08:03, Meena Jain via llvm-dev wrote:
 > I am trying to understand the Microsoft PDB format and I heard that
LLVM provides support to Microsoft PDB file format.
 > It would be great if you can provide some pointers regarding the same
to start with.

I've made my resources on these topics publicly available -- perhaps
they can be of some use or help:

Executable and object file formats (ELF, Mach-O, PE: EXE & DLL);
debugging data formats (DWARF, PDB): articles, documentation, software,
and talks.
https://github.com/MattPD/cpplinks/blob/master/executables.md

In particular, here's the section on PDB:
https://github.com/MattPD/cpplinks/blob/master/executables.md#pdb-program-database

Best regards,

Matt