[llvm-dev] Updating LLVM Publications Page

Sameer Sahasrabuddhe via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Oct 29 21:03:00 PDT 2017

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 9:00 PM, Chris Lattner via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> llvm-related-and-using publications.  It would be great for someone to do a
> survey of papers out there and get more papers listed on the page. It would
> be a great starter project for someone who was interested in contributing
> to llvm but is just getting started in compilers...
> >> Agreed.  I have a student that might be interested.  I'll check and see.
> >
> > Yes, let's put more thought/work into this. We need to accept that only
> a tiny fraction of LLVM papers are going to get added by the paper's
> authors. Searching for LLVM in Google Scholar seems to work well, and I
> have a standing alert there to tell me about new LLVM papers.
>
> We added the pubs page (and I force added news papers to it for a long
> time) because there wasn’t a good external thing to point to.  Would it
> make sense to “outsource” this to Google Scholar or some other service?

One big obstacle to updating the publications page is that one has to
update a file inside an SVN repository. This might seem daunting to someone
whose only interest is to broadcast the presence of their paper. Even
writing to llvm-dev might feel like "too much effort". Can that page be a
wiki instead?

Sameer.