[llvm-dev] PHI node entries do not match predecessors!

Dipanjan Das via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 23 14:29:43 PDT 2017

I have used SplitBlockAndInsertIfThen() to split a basic block, inserted a
few instructions in the Then block and Tail block. For a few subjects I am
receiving the following error: "PHI node entries do not match
predecessors!". Looking into the source(
http://llvm.org/doxygen/Verifier_8cpp_source.html), it says:

// Check to make sure that the predecessors and PHI node entries are
 2243         // matched up.
 2244         Assert(Values[i].first == Preds[i],
 2245                "PHI node entries do not match predecessors!", PN,
 2246                Values[i].first, Preds[i]);

Can anybody throw in any idea how it can relate to splitting BB and
inserting new instructions?

--

Thanks & Regards,
Dipanjan