[llvm-dev] LLVM Monorepo + YouCompleteMe

Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Oct 22 20:19:00 PDT 2017

Hi llvm-dev,

I use Vim+YouCompleteMe to do my day-to-day development, and with moving to the monorepo I'm wondering whether there's some special tricks involved with integrating the compilation database exported by CMake?

My normal workflow involves just symlinking the compilation database generated by CMake at the root of the llvm directory. Since everything else is hosted inside this directory, that symlink allows YouCompleteMe to used the same commands just fine rooted at the llvm directory. However, now that the layout is different, the commands will have a different root if I do the same trick.

Another way to ask this question is how others have been doing this integration themselves?

Cheers

-- Dean