[llvm-dev] Using LINK_COMPONENTS with add_llvm_loadable_module

Gleb Popov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 19 00:50:54 PDT 2017

Hello.

I'm developing a pass and I wanted to use ExecutionEngine functionality
inside it. Including ExecutionEngine.h in pass sources results in undefined
reference errors to EE stuff, so I added "LINK_COMPONENTS executionengine"
line to add_llvm_loadable_module() call. The code compiles now, but running
my pass with opt gives

opt: CommandLine Error: Option 'track-memory' registered more than once!
LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options

I seem to understand why the option is duplicated, but not sure how to
work-around that. So, is there a way to use arbitrary components from
within a pass?

Thanks in advance.