[llvm-dev] Called value propagation pass

Matthew Simpson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 17 09:06:55 PDT 2017

Hi,

I wanted to give everyone a heads up that I'm planning to add a new pass to
the pipeline after IPSCCP. For indirect call sites having a small set of
possible callees, the pass attaches metadata to the call sites indicating
what those callees are. I plan to use the metadata to facilitate
optimizations like intersecting the function attributes of the possible
callees, refining the call graph, performing indirect call promotion, etc.
The patch has been reviewed at https://reviews.llvm.org/D37355 if you'd like
to take a look.

Thanks!

-- Matt