[llvm-dev] Should we switch to --hash-style=both by default in LLD ?

Romain GEISSLER via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 2 05:29:05 PDT 2017

> Le 2 oct. 2017 à 14:23, George Rimar <grimar at accesssoftek.com> a écrit :
>
> I think we can switch LLD either to "both" or probably to "gnu" by default as well.
> Initial version of patch that changes default to "both" is here: D38407
>
> Any thoughts ?
>
> Best regards,
> George | Developer | Access Softek, Inc

Hi,

I initially wanted to switch the default to "gnu" as well in GNU linkers. However it was argued that this would generate ELF fiels that do not follow the ELF ABI. See here https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2017-07/msg00160.html Thus it has been chosen to use "both" rather than "gnu".

Cheers,
Romain