[llvm-dev] SSE instructions and alignment of the return value of 'new'

Riyaz Puthiyapurayil via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 2 18:32:26 PDT 2017

We started optimizing global operator new more aggressively in https://reviews.llvm.org/rL283789<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__reviews.llvm.org_rL283789&d=DwMD-g&c=DPL6_X_6JkXFx7AXWqB0tg&r=mMZWMrEZcvPMLSsEQSah9FOTwza1UudSDkAneN47U9lD3qu6gt3kpnIb4MWV77cM&m=cHbBPBY4qGyBNMbyY3uMJXZekzh2GTh3ovvIDDiH8c0&s=1qQqNKtEdbgif1Q3mdj4f19fswy__wtXqySnSz6CnJ0&e=>.

Thank you. It is good that it is being more aggressive. However, I plan to use -fnew-alignment=8 until we can configure our memory allocator to align based on the size (this is a more disruptive change which will take some time to stabilize).