[llvm-dev] ABI Breaking Checks

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 28 14:35:44 PST 2017

The abi-breaking.h seems to be incompatible with modules, owing to it
having strong definitions in the header.

I'm wondering if I can make it compatible by changing the:

__attribute__((weak, visibility("hidden"))) variables to
__attribute__((used)) static variables instead? It still seems to produce
the desired link errors in my basic tests. Does that seem plausible to you?

(modules have a special case for static variables in headers to support
things like the iostreams initializer)

Not sure why the modules buildbots don't see this but google's internal
build system building with modules does...

- Dave