[llvm-dev] How and where optimizing of undefined behavior happens

John Regehr via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Nov 18 12:55:12 PST 2017

By default, Clang has little or nothing to do with UB, its job is to do
a straightforward translation to IR.  UB-related optimizations are
spread throughout the passes.  You can get a bit of an idea of what's
going on by running this command from an LLVM source tree:

   find ./lib -name '*.cpp' | xargs grep -i undef

But also, a lot of sanitizer code lives in Clang.

John