[llvm-dev] Signed or unsigned EQ/NEQ

Dounia Khaldi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 17 13:11:49 PST 2017

Hello,

In one of the loop transformations I am  developing, I need to convert eq
and neq loop latch condition into less than or greater than depending on
the control flow.

The problem is that  CmpInst::ICMP_EQ and CmpInst::ICMP_NE are neither
signed nor unsigned in LLVM. Also, I did not find a way to find out if the
integer operands of the CmpInst are signed or unsigned. Apparently, LLVM
does not distinguish in its type system between signed and unsigned
variables. So, I am not able to generate the appropriate signed or unsigned
ICMP_(S|U)LT or ICMP_(S|U)GT.

Do you have a solution for this?

Thanks,

Dounia