[llvm-dev] CFG normalization: avoiding `br i1 false`

Ariel Ben-Yehuda via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 15 05:15:04 PST 2017

> I'm not necessarily sympathetic to the idea of adding another canonicalization pass only for this purpose.

The problem is that as you said, SimplifyCfg does all sorts of stuff,
and I suspect is not the fastest pass in the world.

Also, in the case that annoys me, there is an LCSSA pass in the
middle, and I suspect it would be a better idea to only do the LCSSA
etc. transform again if no changes were made, which I suspect is the
most common case.