[llvm-dev] Phabricator "buildable" indication

Jonas Devlieghere via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 13 02:03:00 PST 2017

Phabricator’s arcanist has support for running a linter (arc lint) and unit tests (arc unit) before creating or updating a differential revision. Maybe this can be configured to run on a bot, but by default it just runs on the user’s machine. While I don’t think either of these tools are currently configured for LLVM, the build plan exists [1]. This is why the differentials show up as "buildable".

I think it would be interesting to use this infrastructure to automatically run clang-format when creating a new differential with arcanist. It looks like a plugin already exists for doing exactly that [2].

[1] https://reviews.llvm.org/harbormaster/plan/1/ <https://reviews.llvm.org/harbormaster/plan/1/>
[2] https://github.com/vhbit/clang-format-linter <https://github.com/vhbit/clang-format-linter>