[llvm-dev] Experiment on how to improve our temporary file handing.

UE US via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 10 17:04:55 PST 2017

NTFS journals writes and keeps a fairly large buffer so it'd have to be a
very well timed, fast power loss.  Software should do what it could to
alleviate this (especially in long runtime cases) but a cheap UPS or some
form of hardware battery backed hardware RAID is a better solution if the
data is that important, IMO.

As an aside, Windows 10 with enough RAM can run for at least 3 minutes with
the system drive cable pulled.  I did it accidentally once while
hot-swapping another drive that snagged it.  No data corruption, NTFS
journals in memory finished the write when I noticed my clumsy and and
plugged it back in.  Just anecdotal but funny to me.

GNOMETOYS