[llvm-dev] OrcJIT + CUDA Prototype for Cling

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 8 15:59:27 PST 2017

Hi Simon,

I think the best thing would be to add an ObjectTransformLayer between your
CompileLayer and LinkingLayer so that you can capture the object files as
they're generated. Then you can inspect the object files being generated by
the compiler to see what might be wrong with them.

Something like this:

class KaleidoscopeJIT {
private:

  using ObjectPtr =
std::shared_ptr<object::OwningBinary<object::ObjectFile>>;

  static ObjectPtr dumpObject(ObjectPtr Obj) {
    SmallVector<char, 256> UniqueObjFileName;
    sys::fs::createUniqueFile("jit-object-%%%.o", UniqueObjFileName);
    std::error_code EC;
    raw_fd_ostream ObjFileStream(UniqueObjFileName.data(), EC,
sys::fs::F_RW);
    ObjFileStream.write(Obj->getBinary()->getData().data(),

                        Obj->getBinary()->getData().size());

    return Obj;
  }

  std::unique_ptr<TargetMachine> TM;
  const DataLayout DL;
  RTDyldObjectLinkingLayer ObjectLayer;
  ObjectTransformLayer<decltype(ObjectLayer),
                       decltype(&KaleidoscopeJIT::dumpObject)>
DumpObjectsLayer;
  IRCompileLayer<decltype(DumpObjectsLayer), SimpleCompiler> CompileLayer;

public:
  using ModuleHandle = decltype(CompileLayer)::ModuleHandleT;

  KaleidoscopeJIT()
      : TM(EngineBuilder().selectTarget()), DL(TM->createDataLayout()),
        ObjectLayer([]() { return std::make_shared<SectionMemoryManager>();
}),
        DumpObjectsLayer(ObjectLayer, &KaleidoscopeJIT::dumpObject),
        CompileLayer(DumpObjectsLayer, SimpleCompiler(*TM)) {
    llvm::sys::DynamicLibrary::LoadLibraryPermanently(nullptr);
  }

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Lang.