[llvm-dev] [RFC] lld: Dropping TLS relaxations in favor of TLSDESC

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 8 12:46:20 PST 2017

So, looks like there are programs in where TLS relaxation actually matters.
It is interesting that both examples mentioned in this threads are
graphics-related (OpenGL and games). I wonder if it is a coincidence or it
is a common practice to use thread-local variables heavily in graphics. I
haven't wrote any games before, so it is likely that I don't know some
basics in that area.