[llvm-dev] Two-stage build w/ ninja - Tests still use stage1 compiler / linker ?

Dirk Schroetter via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 6 03:35:02 PST 2017

Hello Nemanja,

in effect they are. Even in the 2-stage process both ninja and make use the stage1 compiler (with the caveat that there might be a variable which I am missing). But shouldn’t they be built using the stage2 compiler instead ? As that is the compiler we actually will be installing as product of the build and the one that should be tested ?

Thanks,

/Dirk