[llvm-dev] elf2yaml document structure, for dynamic symbols

Dave Lee via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 1 13:11:02 PDT 2017

> Can't you do that by generating a small assembly file and compile & link
it to a .so?

I could, though I admit I haven't consider that approach. Thanks for the
suggestion. If there is opposition to adding support for dynamic symbols,
then I will try the assembly+linker approach, but if I can add the support
for dynamic symbols, then I'll continue with yaml2obj, at least for now. We
also had a test case we wanted to write using obj2yaml but couldn't because
of the lack of dynamic symbols.