[llvm-dev] Enable STATISTIC all the time again?

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 31 07:48:49 PDT 2017

I think adding an option to cmake is fine, but it should definitely be off
by default in release builds. If we make STATISTIC useful, then people will
eventually put it on some hot path, and that will kill multi-threaded
performance for users like ThinLTO, because multiple threads doing
read-modify-write on the same memory is just slow.