[llvm-dev] Print 128 bit value at runtime using printf

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 29 13:46:18 PDT 2017

Please stop dropping llvm-dev from your replies. I've added it back in again.

On 29 May 2017 at 12:57, Jajoo, Malhar <malhar.jajoo14 at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> Can I not just convert the result of the computation into a string and then
> use printf to display it ?

Yes, that's another alternative. You can implement a function to just
do the conversion without actually printing it. Ownership is more
complicated: does the function malloc a buffer and return that? Get
one passed in? Use a statically allocated buffer? But for that price
you probably get more flexibility.

Cheers.

Tim.