[llvm-dev] Removing "fno-rtti" flag from llvm-config --cxxflags

Jajoo, Malhar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 23 05:18:36 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I just had a question -

I am aware that LLVM supports it's own form of RTTI ( using dyn_cast<>() ,etc) but
I wish to use C++ RTTI currently.

I have tried building with  "cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -LLVM_ENABLE_RTTI=ON"

but that doesnt seem to remove the "fno-rtti" flag from llvm-config
and I still get an error when I try using "dynamic_cast<>" from C++ RTTI.

Is there any way to remove the "fno-rtti" flag from the llvm-config ( seen on running "llvm-config --cxxflags" ) ?

Thanks ,

Malhar