[llvm-dev] Default Location of CUDA headers in Windows and macOS

SANJAY SRIVALLABH SINGAPURAM via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 23 02:57:25 PDT 2017

Here are the Default locations,
(# is a placeholder for a number ; #.# is the CUDA version number )
Windows : %ProgramFile%\NVIDI GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v#.#
Linux : /usr/local/cuda-#.# ( /usr/local/cuda is a symlink to the latest
version )
macOS : /Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-#.#

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 6:02 PM Michael Kruse <llvmdev at meinersbur.de> wrote:

> Never hardcode paths on Windows, they can change per system
> configuration, Windows language or the user might change them to any
> arbitrary location. Look them up using the APIs for this or from the
> registry.

It's new to me that the system language can affect paths.

> In this case, look for the environment variables "CUDA_PATH" and
> "CUDA_PATH_V8_0" (or some different version) contains the path.

Thank You Michael !