[llvm-dev] Buildbots timing out on full builds

Diana Picus via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 19 06:14:18 PDT 2017

Hi,

We've noticed that recently some of our bots (mostly
clang-cmake-armv7-a15 and clang-cmake-thumbv7-a15) started timing out
whenever someone commits a change to TableGen:

r303418: http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-cmake-armv7-a15/builds/7268
r303346: http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-cmake-armv7-a15/builds/7242
r303341: http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-cmake-armv7-a15/builds/7239
r303259: http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-cmake-armv7-a15/builds/7198

TableGen changes before that (I checked about 3-4 of them) don't have
this problem:
r303253: http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-cmake-armv7-a15/builds/7197

That one in particular actually finishes the whole build in 635s,
which is only a bit over 50% of the timeout limit (1200s). So, between
r303253 and now, something happened that made full builds
significantly slower. Does anyone have any idea what that might have
been? Also, has anyone noticed this on other bots?

Thanks,
Diana