[llvm-dev] Can we start using std::to_string?

Pavel Labath via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 17 04:05:02 PDT 2017

Hi Diana,

I am responsible for that bot, and probably a great number of those fixups.

The root of the problem is that android NDK comes with a libstdc++
which does not have std::to_string. I forgot the exact reason but Dan
or Tamas (cc'ed) should know it. The NDK also comes with libc++, which
does have working std::to_string, but this one is not compatible with
older android devices. This part is being actively worked on though. I
am going to sync up with Dan to see if I can give you any timeline on
that.

And yes, the bot does not build the AVR and other backends, that's why
we get no std::string errors there.