[llvm-dev] CrashRecoveryContext::getBacktrace

George Burgess IV via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 15 11:25:05 PDT 2017

> So it didn't get fully implemented

Did it work properly in 3.8, though? I don't think returning an empty
string constitutes a partially implemented backtrace stringizer. If it did
work, then maybe the functionality has been migrated somewhere else over
time?

> it was removed without notification because it was assumed people never
used it?

It was code that had no upstream tests, callers, or, frankly,
functionality. In my perspective, it was dead code, and it was right to
remove it. I'm told we don't offer stability guarantees in LLVM for any of
our APIs outside of the C API, so I don't know what exactly you think
should've been done differently.

> Because I had it in use in my code and now I need to find an alternate
way to pull the backtrace...

Sorry. :/