[llvm-dev] Help with setting up ARM embedded clang + lld

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 1 07:11:07 PDT 2017

On 30 April 2017 at 23:47, Scott Shawcroft via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Ok, thanks! I got it going that way. I'd still love to hear from anyone
> off list working on similar stuff.

Hi Scott,

Peter (CC'd) is implementing support for ARM32 on LLD. There are a few
missing pieces, but most support has been upstreamed already.

AFAIK, the most important missing features are range extension chunks
(important for large code base, like Clang) and better support for
linker script files (more important to embedded cases, like yours).

Apart from that, "it should just work". :)

Let us know if you find anything else. Adding a bug to bugzilla and
copying us (in this thread, including Rui, Joerg, me, Peter) would be
the best way to fix issues.

cheers,
--renato