[llvm-dev] Well-formed @llvm.lifetime.start and @llvm.lifetime.end intrinsics

Daniel Berlin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 30 18:38:44 PDT 2017

Sure, and you definitely can't transform an unconditional store to a
conditional one unless the uses are guarded by the same condition, or you
can prove it already had that value (in which case, the memset would also
be dead) :)

ie
memset(a, 0)
use a

can't be transformed to
if (c)
  memset(a, 0)
use a

So again, if polly is making a lifetime.start conditional when the use is
not conditional, that's a bug in polly, regardless of the bug in stack
coloring's ability to handle it.